Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hailey's Tourist Tour

From Shooting Gallery:
I braked quickly to avoid plowing into a gaggle of bewildered tourists attempting to cross the street. Burdened with cameras and totebags, sweating in heavy fall clothing, and clutching mangled street maps, they were out of place in this industrial area of the City. San Francisco's economy was heavily dependent on tourist dollars, so I muffled my impatience, plastered a welcoming Tourist Bureau smile on my face, and waved them across. Had I more time I might have directed them to the attractions they were undoubtedly seeking: the cable car station on California, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, the Embarcadero, and the Depression-era murals at Coit Tower.







Cable Car






Chinatown Gate



















The Embarcadero

fishermanwharfFisherman's Wharf

pier39Pier 39
coit Coit Tower







Depression Era Mural

No comments: