Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Fortune Teller

Many people have asked me about the painting of the mysterious woman you appears on my profile. She comes from The Fortune Teller by Georges de La Tour. Here is a picture of the original:

The Fortune-Teller. c. 1632-35. Oil on canvas. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA.
You can zoom in on the painting at the Met's website.

Here is the original, highlighting the detail:

Here's my rendition:


Imagine how gorgeous you will look in a portrait done in this style! Enter the Portrait Contest. All you have to do to enter is send me an email hailey@haileylind.com with your name, mailing address and phone number. Or you can send snail mail with the same info to this address:

Art Lovers Mystery Series Portrait Contest
871 N. Greenbrier Street
Arlington, VA 22205

THE PRIZE: Winner’s Portrait by the Author/Artist [that's me, Hailey Lind] in the Style of an Old Master or Impressionist

The deadline to enter is December 8th.
Check my website for full details on the contest.

No comments: