Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tunnels under San Francisco's Chinatown???

I'm spending the summer touring for my new series, starting with the release of Secondhand Spirits on July 7.

But I'm also writing the fourth in the Art Lover's Mystery Series, Arsenic and Old Paint (due out in 2010 from Perseverance Press -- I think I'll even be doing the cover art for it myself!!!)

In Arsenic and Old Paint, Annie happens upon some tunnels that happen to be connected to an exclusive men-only club atop Nob Hill...were they once hooked up to Chinatown, and could they be hiding a terrible secret?

Most people say any tunnels under Chinatown in San Francisco are a product of overactive imaginations, though there are known tunnels in other cities like Portland, Oregon and Red Bluff, California.

But recently, I came across this fascinating clip concerning supposed tunnels under San Francisco's Chinatown. I was also treated to a tour of the Donaldina Cameron house, where there is an entrance to one of the tunnels used to hide girls and young women rescued from brothels and slavery.

Check it out!

No comments: